Nextiva Review 2019 and TOP 5 VoIP phone systems alternatives to Nextiva
Nov 11, 2019
Summary: Tricky Pricing But Worth Every Penny
Reliabilty 5 Features 4 Support 3 Pricing 4 Nextiva is a cloud-based PBX phone service catering to both big and small offices. With promises to save businesses 65% or more on their phone bills, Nextiva has implemented an unlimited call and fax feature on all their plans, so that their customers will never fall prey to hidden fees and overtime charges.
All the same, Nextiva does have its drawbacks, including its confusing multi-tiered pricing system, and its per-user/per-extension pricing, so that customers pay for each extension they want to add. While their support is often touted as friendly and helpful, meanwhile, they don’t offer 24/7 phone help, meaning that customers might be out of luck if they find themselves on the wrong side of the continent or outside of business hours.
Check out what Nextiva has to say about their service:
- Unlimited calls
- Unlimited Fax
- Pricing per extension
- No 24/7 support
“HD” quality calling comes standard with all Nextiva packages, and indeed their sound quality doesn’t disappoint. Dropped or missed calls are rare, and reviewers have reported that no disruptions occur - even when their bandwidth is stretched to the limit.
Nextiva comes with all the most common virtual PBX features, but stops short of offering any real innovation (hence their imperfect score). For those willing to pay upwards of $30/month per user, Nextiva offer call barging and an attendant console - features that let managers monitor calls between employees and clients.
featuretoll freelocal numberscall forwardingcall screeningcustom greetingscall flipcall logscall recordingvirtual faxmenusconference callingcustom caller IDvoicemail to emailoutgoing calls outgoing fax
Unlike many VoIP and virtual PBX providers, Nextiva offers a vast range of packages to support any number of virtual business phone requirements. Need to connect your existing PBX equipment to your cloud-based phone system? Nextiva has a plan for that, starting at $14.95/month per user. Want to connect your mobile phone line to a local or toll-free number? Nextiva has Nextiva Connect, with plans starting at $8.95/month. With all these interconnecting plans to choose from, it’s easy to get lost in the details; they could do with some simplification of their business model.
For plans comparable to other virtual PBX systems like RingCentral and Grasshopper, Nextiva has “Nextiva Office”, which offers basic standard features like incoming and outgoing virtual fax, call forwarding, and free local and toll free numbers for plans starting at $19.95/month, with “starting” being the operative word. While Nextiva wins points for unlimited calling and faxing across all their plans, their prices begin to inch up when it comes to extensions. Plans are priced per user, and each user gets 1 extension with the option of adding more for $4.95/month per extension. This may work well for environments with several employees who work from one office setting, but for smaller businesses that foster a more mobile environment, this may be problematic.
- VoIP Provider: Hottelecom
- Location: USA
- Main Category: Wholesale VoIP
- Categories: VoIP Termination
- Services: Free In-Network Calls, Free International Calls, Voicemail, Click-to-Call, Fax over IP (FoIP), PC-to-PC, PC-to-Phone, Toll-Free Number, Conference Call, Virtual Office, Callback Service, Calling Cards, Web Call, Web To Phone.
- VoIP Provider: Aianna Corp
- Location: USA : Carson Main
- Category: Wholesale
- VoIP Categories: Residential VoIP, Wholesale VoIP, VoIP International A-Z, IP PBX, Videoconference
- Protocols: H.323, SIP Services: Free In-Network Calls, Voicemail, Caller ID, 3-Way Calling, Speed Dial, Find Me, SoftPhone, PC-to-PC, PC-to-Phone, Toll-Free Number, Video VoIP (VVoIP), DID (Local numbers), Calling Cards, Web To Phone.
- VoIP Provider: TeleCable Services
- Location: USA: Milwaukee
- Main Category: VoIP Billing
- Categories: Wholesale VoIP
- Services: Voicemail, Caller ID, 3-Way Calling, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Call Transfer, PC-to-Phone, Video VoIP (VVoIP).
- VoIP Provider: Seek Technologies
- Location: USA: Parma Main
- Category: VoIP Billing
- Categories: VoIP Colocation and Hosting
- Services: Voicemail, Caller ID, PC-to-Phone, Video VoIP (VVoIP), Conference Call
Look this video about Nextiva